:: About Us ::

Welcome to the Blog of the Oakham Evangelical Church youth group. The purpose of this page is to encourage, share and aid in prayer life.

:: Recent Posts ::

: New Sensations Sweepng The Nation!
: After reading Si's blog about hurricane Katrina (y...
: Whaaaassssssuuup?!
: HUH?!
: POD news
: Bored?!
: Keith And The Marzipan Soldiers - L'Oréal
: JC's Flyers...
: The blind see,The lame walk,Lepers are cleansed,Th...
: Whose exciteted?!

:: Archives ::

: December 2004
: January 2005
: February 2005
: March 2005
: April 2005
: August 2005
: September 2005
: November 2005
: December 2005
: January 2006
: March 2006
: April 2006

:: Members ::

: Simon Bridgwater | (W)
: Rob Brookes
: Emily Cutler
: Aimee Davis | (W)
: Mark Gough
: Andy Hayward
: Grace Howells
: Amy Knight | (W)
: Becky Parkes
: Janine Parkes | (W)
: Matt Parkes | (W)
: Ste Parkes | (W)
: Jon Timbrell

Name = email
(W) = website

:: Links ::

: Oakham Evangelical Church

:: Designed By ::

:FsDesigns
:Pictures By Layoutstyle
:Maintained by Simon Bridgwater

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

 
Thursday, November 10, 2005

Daddy or chips ?
After having my dad leave us when I was 5, I didn't really notice a obvious change in my up-bringing. I never really felt like I was missing out on what everyone else had.

I didn't really understand the concept of father's day.

I guess I was lucky to have so much family within the church as I was growing up.

Growing up, I guess my only real 'father figure' was Pete. Our families were pretty close and we went on holidays together and stuff. I know this role was never intentionally put into place, but I am greatful for it anyway.

Now, I kinda "get" fathers day a bit better. Even though my earthly father isn't around, my heavenly one is!!!

The building 429 song "you are loved" really speaks to me. I get upset and joyful at the same time over the lyrics
Just to hear You say_"you are loved, My son"
To hear You speak my name and say "well done"
love you x


 

 
Designed By FsDesigns  :  Maintained by Simon Bridgwater
Â